Ground UP is looking for a self-directed, competent person to manage the Boathouse and its affiliated programs. Seasonal-May through September, 20-40 hours per month. We are seeking someone to help us grow the Boathouse presence in the Grand Forks areaPlease contact: firstname.lastname@example.org click read more for full position description.
Position Description Boathouse Manager
Ground UP Adventures (GUP) is a local, non-profit organization with a focus on providing outdoor adventure education and experiences for area youth and families. Our organization runs winter and summer adventure camps for kids, stages family and youth adventure races during the year, and operates the Boathouse on the Red. The Boathouse rents kayaks, canoes, and standup paddleboards to the public during the summer season. GUP plans to offer paddling clinics and guided trips on area rivers.
Ground UP is looking for a self-directed, competent person to manage the Boathouse and its affiliated programs and events. This position is seasonal: May through September, for approximately 20-40 hours per month. We are seeking someone to help us grow the Boathouse programs and presence in the Grand Forks area. As we continue to expand our operations, there are potential opportunities to work with GUP in additional program capacities.
The Boathouse Manager will direct the day-to-day operations of the Boathouse, and provide leadership in marketing and event planning furthering the mission of GUP relative to Boathouse operations. The Boathouse Manager reports to the Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities for Boathouse Manager
- Hiring, training and scheduling of employees
- Manage computer files (usage logs, patron waivers & fees)
- Share 1 shift a week with employees
- On-call for boathouse issues, including working occasional shifts and short notice shift coverage
Boathouse Event and Program Planning (in addition to day to day operations)
- Network with local groups (schools, religious, business, recreation) to create group paddle adventures
- Develop special events (guided trips, sunset paddles, naturalist paddles) that cater to various local interests
Boathouse Marketing/Public Relations
- Marketing and advertising for the Boathouse, including online, local media outlets, and print sources
- Develop relationships with local governments and businesses
- Liaison with city staff (Parks and Rec)
- Develop informational brochures for visitors